Less version 340
Version 340 was released on 27 Apr 1999.
These are the differences between version 337 and version 340:
- Command line options for less and lesskey
may now be given in either the old
single-letter form, or a new long name form (--option-name).
- New command -- toggles an option using the long option name.
- New command __ queries an option using the long option name.
- The old -- command is renamed as -!.
- If a ^P is entered between the dash and the option letter of the -
command, the message describing the new setting is suppressed.
- Lesskey files may now contain \k escape sequences to represent the
"special" keys (arrows, PAGE-UP/PAGE-DOWN, HOME, END, INSERT, DELETE).
- New command :d removes the current file from the list of files.
- New option -~ (like -w before version 335)
suppresses tildes after end-of-file.
- Less is now released under the GNU General Public License.
There is a list of bugs remaining in version 340.