Less version 466
Version 466 was released on 23 Aug 2014.
These are the differences between version 458 and version 466:
- Don't overwrite history file; just append to it.
This behaves better when multiple sessions are running less simultaneously and using the same history file.
- New command ESC-G goes to end of currently buffered data in a pipe.
- In more-compatible mode, make the -p option apply to every file opened,
not just the first one.
- In more-compatible mode, change the -e option to work like -E, not -EF.
- Treat multiple CRs before LF are like one CR (all the CRs are hidden).
- Ignore -u/-U setting while viewing help file, so that
underline and bold chars are displayed correctly.
- Improve detection of "binary" files in UTF-8 mode.
- Fix bug with ++ commands.
- Fix bugs and improve performance in ampersand filtering.
- Automate construction of Unicode tables from Unicode database.