Less version 589
Version 589 was released for beta testing on 29 May 2021.
These are the differences between version 581.2 and version 589:
- Make less able to read lesskey source files (deprecating lesskey).
- If XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set, find lesskey source file
in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/lesskey rather than $HOME/.lesskey.
- If XDG_DATA_HOME is set, find and store history file
in $XDG_DATA_HOME/lesshst rather than $HOME/.lesshst.
- Add the --lesskey-src option.
- Add the --file-size option.
- With -F, if screen is resized to make file fit on one screen, don't exit.
- Fix bug which could leave terminal in mouse-reporting mode
after exiting less.
- Fix bug which caused failure to respond to window resize.
- Fix backslash bug searching in tag file.